Apple Avocado & Beet Salad
- 2 large beets, cooked, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cider vinaigrette
- mixed salad greens, rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into thin rings
- 1 apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, cut in thin wedges
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- cider vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed
Combine beets and vinaigrette and let marinate at least half an hour, up to a full day.
Shortly before serving, divide the greens among four luncheon-size plates.
Drain beets and reserve dressing.
Arrange layers of beet, onion, apple, and avocado on the greens and drizzle with reserved dressing.
Sprinkle on the nuts and serve at once.
For the dressing:
Whisk everything together.