Easy Peasy Soup
I never liked split pea soup before. Perhaps it was too thick or there had been some kind of meat added. I don’t know, but we do enjoy this nice light version that is also quick and easy.
- 1 pkg. frozen peas
- 1 large leek, sliced in rings
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 liter water
- Put the frozen peas in a large soup pot.
- Cover them with water and add a vegetable bouillon cube.
- Boil for a few minutes, but don’t over cook.
- Thin to the consistency that you enjoy.
- Slice the leek (white part) in small rings and add to the soup.
- Cook for a few minutes to warm the leeks.
- Serve with a crusty brown bread.