This is a favorite winter soup of ours. It’s quick and easy to make and brings a lovely warmth on a cold and wet day.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 liter tomato vegetable juice (like V8)
- 400 ml. coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 3 tbs. parsley
- 1 tbs. garam masala
- 1 tbs. ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch salt
- 1-2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2-1 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened) dried
- Pour the tomato-vegetable juice into a large pot.
- Add the can of coconut milk, garlic and the spices.
- Bring the mixture to a slow boil and then turn to low.
- Season to taste with more garlic, some tabasco or what you find nice.
- We prefer the spicy flavors and not so much salt.
- At the last minute add 1/2-1 cup of coconut flakes depending on how thick and grainy you like it.
This serves 4 generous bowls of soup or 6 moderate.