A light and tangy dessert that is not too sweet.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 cup rhubarb puree
- 1/4 cup sugar
- lemon or lime juice
- 2 packets(5 gram each) agar agar
- 1 container (300 milliliters) soyatoo topping cream
- 1/2 cup grenadine or rose water
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- lemon juice
- Place 2 cups of rhubarb, cut in small pieces, 1/4 cup of sugar in a sauce pan and add enough water to cover the rhubarb.
- Cook stirring constantly until the rhubarb is well cooked.
- Place the mixture in a blender and puree.
- Add the agar agar and a splash of lemon juice.
- Place the mousse in the refrigerator to cool and to set for at least 3-4 hours.
- Whip the soyatoo until it holds in peaks.
- Gently fold the rhubarb mixture into the whipped soyatoo and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile mix the grenadine or rose water with the cornstarch. Mix it well so that the cornstarch has dissolved.
- Put the mixture into a sauce pan and heat until the mixture thickens and becomes clear.
- Set this aside until ready to serve.
- If the sauce had completely jelled, you can thin it with a bit more of the liquid (grenadine or rose water).
- Place the mousse in a bowl or serving dish and drizzle a bit of sauce over and around it.
- Garnish with a mint leaf.