This makes a quick and easy snack or lovely appetizers.
- 8-10 puff pastry sheets
- 450 grams frozen chopped spinach
- 1 onion, minced
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs. vegan margarine
- handful sesame seeds
- Cook the spinach and drain well.
- Thaw the puff pastries.
- Preheat the oven to 220 (C).
- Mince the onion.
- Place the drained cooked spinach in a mixing bowl.
- Add the minced onion, the seasonings and the splash of lemon juice.
- It should remain a rather “dry” mixture.
- Either oil a cookie sheet or use baking parchment and lay the individual puff pastries on the cookie sheet.
- Put about 1 tablespoon of the spinach mixture lengthwise along the middle of the pastry.
- Put a bit of water on the tip of your finger and run along the inner edge of the puff pastry.
- The water will help the edges stay closed.
- Fold the pastry over and push the edges together with a fork.
- Do this for each of the pastries.
- Melt the 1 tablespoon of vegan margarine and brush the top of the pastries.
- Brush a bit of the margarine on top of each of the pastries and “dust” with the sesame seeds.
- Gently cut “air vents” on top of each pastry and put in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
It’s not necessary to do the sesame seeds, but they do make it look nice.
You can also fold the pastries as a triangle or any other form you enjoy.