Sautéed Gnocchi Alla Fungi
Mmmmm that Mediterranean feeling! This meal is a real treat. Quick and easy to make and full of lovely flavors.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 pkg (500 grams) potato gnocchi
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 250 grams small button chestnut champignons/button mushroom
- 100 grams spicy tofu pieces
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- chives, chopped
- 1-2 tbs. Italian herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil for the gnocchi.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Check the mushrooms and clean them with a paper towel, but keep them whole unless they are large,
- Saute the mushrooms, turning gently.
- Put the gnocchi in the boiling water and cook according to directions, (usually 3 or 4 minutes).
- Add the tofu pieces to the mushroom,.
- Drain the gnocchi when they are ready and add them to the mushrooms and tofu pieces.
- At this point you may want to add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to lightly coat all the ingredients.
- Season with Italian herbs, (thyme, oregano, basil).
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Just before serving, add the tomatoes and gently stir.
- Serve warm with a crusty whole grain bread.
If you can’t get of the small brown (chestnut) mushrooms, the regular white ones are o.k.
This could also be used as a camping meal.
It would require a pot and a pan, but once the gnocchi ready, then only one is needed.