Broccoli soup with a bite
This is such a warming soup, as bright green as a spring day.
Serving Size: 4
- 500 grams broccoli (med. head), cut in flowerets and the stem in pieces
- 3 med. potatoes, peeled and cut in pieces
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 liter water
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper
- chive blossoms to garnish (optional)
- Place the cut up broccoli in a large pot.
- Add the cut potatoes and 1 liter of water.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and bring to a boil.
- When the broccoli and potatoes are cooked al dente, puree.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and the nutmeg and cayenne.
- Garnish with the chive blossoms.
The chive blossoms are edible and add a nice extra note to the soup.