Asparagus Spinach Mousse
It’s asparagus season! No matter whether, green, white or purple, hot or cold, asparagus always gives, color, texture and taste to any meal.
Serving Size: 4
- 500 grams white asparagus
- 2 shallots
- 100 grams spinach
- 2 tbs. oil
- 350 ml. soy cream or soy yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 5 grams agar agar
- Clean and peel the asparagus.
- Cut them in pieces. and blanch them for 4 minutes.
- Clean the spinach and chop it.
- Chop the shallots.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the asparagus and shallots and saute.
- Save a few top pieces of asparagus as garnishes.
- Add the spinach and saute until it is wilted (a few minutes).
- Add 125 ml. of soy cream of soy yogurt and cook slightly.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Put the entire mixture in a blender and puree.
- Heat a small amount of water in a saucepan and dissolve the agar agar.
- Add the liquid agar agar to the asparagus/spinach mixture and mix well.
- Beat the remaining soy yogurt or soy cream to a light and almost solid mass as in whipping cream and fold into the mixture.
- Pout the mixture into 4 individual glasses or forms and place in the refrigerator to cool and harden.
- Garnish with a pieces of asparagus, and or various fresh herbs.
This can also be presented and served as small balls of mousse with a pice or 2 of asparagus.