Asparagus & Red Bell Pepper Soup
I guess we’re soup people. This one directly made it into our top 10. The asparagus gives the bell pepper a lovely dimension and the nutmeg tops it off.
Serving Size: 2
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 8-9 white asparagus spears
- 1 tbs. vegan margarine
- 2 tbs. tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- pinch sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 200 ml. (2 cups) vegetable bouillon
- Peel the asparagus, remove the bottom woody part and cut the asparagus spears into small pieces.
- Wash the bell pepper, cut and remove the seeds and veins, and cut the pepper into small pieces.
- Heat the vegan margarine in a large pot.
- Add the asparagus and bell pepper pieces and saute until they become soft.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and chili flakes and cook on a low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Puree the soup.
- Add the nutmeg.
- Season to taste with additional slat and pepper if needed.
Inspired by http://veggielady.blogspot.com/