Fava Bean Spread
Please visit the 2017 version of this recipe:
This spread is as nice on crusty rolls or bread as well as a dip for crunch vegetables.
- 2 lbs. fresh fava beans
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tabs. fresh lemon thyme
- 1/3 cup lemon oil
- dash cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shell the fava beans.
- You need about 1 cup shelled beans.
- Cook beans in 1 quart boiling water until just tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain beans.
- Place beans immediately into a bowl of cold water. Drain.
- Peel outer skin of beans by loosening with tip of thumbnail or knife and slipping off.
- Put shelled, peeled beans, garlic oil and thyme into bowl of food processor and puree.
- Add salt and pepper and a dash of cumin as desired.