These delicious crescents always disappear as soon as you get them out of the oven.
Serving size: Makes 8 crescents
- 2,5 cups wheat flour
- 11g dry yeast
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tblsp canola oil
- 200g sundried tomatoes (in oil)
- 0,5 cup pine nuts
- handful of fresh basil
- olive oil
- 0,5 cup black olives
- melting soy cheese (optional)
- soy milk for brushing
- Mix dry yeast and salt to flour. Add warm water in two batches and mix well. When the dough starts to form a ball, add olive oil and mix again. Let it rise for about half an hour (or until it has doubled it’s size).
- To make the pesto, mix all ingredients (with a hand blender of food processor) and add olive oil until it’s smooth enough. Chop the olives and mix them with the pesto.
- When the dough has doubled it’s size, roll it into a circle (about 0,2 inches thick) and cut it into 8 pie-shaped wedges.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of pesto (and some grated soy cheese, if you like) to each wedge and form them into crescents.
- Brush the cresents with (unflavored) soy milk and if you like, sprinkle some poppy seeds on top. Bake them in 225 C/440 F for about 10 minutes.