Beets & sweets
A great finger food for a party. This makes a colorful appetizer or amuse bouche.
- 2-3 beets, cooked and sliced in 1/4 inch slices
- 1-2 sweet potatoes, cooked and sliced in 1/4 inch slices
- 50 grams fried onions
- 2 tbs. plain tofu, crumbled
- 2 tbs. plain soy yogurt
- 1 tsp. horseradish
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp. ginger syrup (or other sweetener plus a dash of ginger powder)
- Blend the soy yogurt, tofu and spices together to make a thick sauce or spread.
- Arrange the slices of beets and yams artfully on a platter.
- Place a dollop of tofu spread on top of each slice.
- Sprinkle a few onion bits on top of the spread.