Green bean Bhajii
This spicy side dish is a great way to serve fresh green beans.
Serving Size: 2
- 20 green beans, such as runner beans or other, sliced in 1 inch lengths
- 5 green chillies (jalepeno), chopped finely
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 2 inches grated root ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- pinch salt
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- olive oil
- Saute the onion in the oil until translucent.
- Add the garam masala and cumin powder and sliced garlic ,grated ginger and chillies.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the beans and saute on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and leave to simmer for 2 more minutes then serve with a little pepper sprinkled over.
Be careful to only saute the beens until al ente so they keep their fresh green color and crunchiness.
adapted from curry frenzy