Raspberry lemon muffins
Our suggestion for an irresistible Sunday morning breakfast. This is one of our favorite ways to enjoy raspberries.
Yield: 9 big muffins
- 1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt
- 3 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 2 egg replacements
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh are best, otherwise frozen)
- 2 tbs. white sugar for decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soy yogurt, oil, lemon juice, egg replacements, and, if using, lemon extract.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just blended.
- Gently stir in the raspberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar over the tops for decoration, if desired.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool muffins in the tin on a wire rack.