This is a very nice dip, sandwich spread or appetizer with crackers.
- 1 eggplant, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 apple, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom, ground
- 1/4 tsp. cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 2 tbs. tomato puree
- balsamic vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the eggplant and garlic.
- Saute the eggplant and garlic, stir often.
- Add the 1/4 cup of water as needed to keep the eggplant from sticking.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and saute until the mixture is soft and the eggplant is cooked.
- Puree the mixture.
- Season with additional seasonings as needed.