Sweet sour is always a favorite way of enjoying vegetables as well as temphe and tofu. This is one of our standard meals that we often enjoy.
Serving Size: 4
- 300-400 grams tempeh, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut in matchsticks
- 3 tbs. cornstarch
- 3 tbs. soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1 can pineapple chunks and juice
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in bite sized pieces
- In a frying pan, saute the onion.
- Add the tempeh and lightly brown on each side.
- Add the zucchini and red bell pepper pieces and gently saute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until the sauce thickens from the cornstarch.
- We enjoy this served over brown rice.
Even though this requires a lot of ingredients, it can easily be made as a camping meal.