Baked eggplant with corn flake crust
This is so easy to make, and so tasty! Corn flakes give this lovely dish a nice crunchiness. Using seasonal eggplants makes this a very economic meal also.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 eggplants, cubed
- 2 onion, chopped
- 1 can tomato pieces
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- soy cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 (F)
- In a pan using the oil, sauté the onions, add the washed and cubed eggplant and continue sautéing.
- Add the tomato and cook all until well blended.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, oregano and cayenne pepper.
- Oil a baking dish and place 1/2 of the crushed cornflakes to the bottom of the dish.
- Add 1/4 cup of corn flakes and mix into the mixture and place the mixture on top of the bottom layer of cornflakes..
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup on top, and optionally sprinkel grated soy cheese on top.
- Cover the dish with lid or tin foil and bake for 10 min. remove the lid or foil and bake for 5 more minutes until the top is golden brown.