Broccoli apple soup
This is a really tasty soup. Often we enjoy mixing the flavors of fruits with vegetables, and this soup really turned out to be very tasty especially on a chilly wet day.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups broccoli, including the stems, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoons thyme,
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cooking apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp.celery seed
- 3 cups water
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup soy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- splash of lemon
- Put the oil in a deep pot, add the chopped onion and saute until the onion is glassy.
- Add the broccoli pieces and saute a bit longer.
- Add the water and bouillon cubes and bring to a boil.
- Once it has begun boiling, turn down the heat and cook just until the broccoli is tender, but still bright green.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the apples and add to the soup.
- When the apples have become soft, puree the soup.
- Add the parsley and puree once again. Set the sop back on low heat and add the soy yogurt.
- Season to taste with white pepper and salt and a small splash of lemon juice.
adapted from http://www.justsouprecipes.com/sou-broc0020.html