Artichoke filled cannelloni make a very nice light but filling Sunday night supper, or can also be used as an elegant brunch.
Serving Size: 6
- 1 can artichoke hearts (about 5-6)
- 8 oz. tofu, crumbled
- 4 Tbs. hazelnut meal (hazelnuts ground to the consistency of flour)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 8-16 cannelloni tubes
- 1 cup vegetable bouillon
for the sauce:
- 2 Tbs. fine olive oil
- 250 milliliters soy cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 heaping tsp. corn starch
- salt and white pepper
- chives as garnish
- Drain the liquid from the artichokes.
- Cut the artichokes into pieces.
- Add the olive oil, and lemon juice and puree.
- Add in the crumbled tofu and hazelnut meal and mix well.
- If the mixture is too thick, add some water to make thick but smooth,
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using a demitasse spoon or small fork, fill the cannelloni shells with the artichoke mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 175 C.
- Place in an oiled baking dish.
- Boil 1 cup of water and add the vegetable bouillon.
- Pour the bouillon carefully around the cannelloni.
- Cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the sauce.
- Heat the olive oil in a small sauce pan.
- Add the soy cream, and the corn starch.
- Stir well to mix the corn starch.
- Add the lemon juice, and vegetable bouillon and heat on low stirring constantly.
- When the mixture thickens, remove from the heat.
- Season to taste with additional salt and white pepper.
To serve, place the cannelloni on individual plates wit the sauce drezzled over.
Garnish with a slice f lemon and some chives.