This bright green soup is also considered a standard Irish recipe.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 tablespoons soy margarine
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 200 grams watercress
- 300 ml. vegetable stock
- 100 ml. soy cream
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Melt the soy margarine in a medium saucepan.
- Add the onion and sauté until soft, don’t allow to become golden or brown.
- Reserve a few pretty watercress leaves as garnish.
- Add the watercress to the onion.
- When the watercress has just wilted, add the stock.
- Leave the soup to simmer for 4 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor add 1 tablespoon of the chopped mint and blitz until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan, add the cream and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the mint before removing soup from heat.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with a few watercress leaves and serve.
The secret to this nice soup, is not to over cook it, thus it retains it’s nice bright green color, and the light minty flavor.