Creamed tomatoes on toast
This makes a lovely brunch or snack, it’s very easy and quite tasty.
Serving Size: 2
- 300 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup soy cream
- 1 clove, garlic crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4-6 slices farmhouse-style bread, toasted
- Select some of the prettiest tomatoes and save them to pan roast whole and use as a garnish
- Place the rest of the tomatoes, cut in half, the soy cream and crushed garlic in a small saucepan and heat.
- Gently simmer for five minutes until the tomatoes soften and the cream thickens slightly.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a separate frying pan, place a small amount of olive oil, carefully lay the tomatoes in the pan, and heat. Cook until they begin to soften and split, but are still whole.
- Toast the bread and cut on a diagonal.
- To serve, place the toasted bread on a serving plate and pour over the tomato sauce.
- Garnish with a few roasted tomatoes on the side.