Mushroom mustard soup
This was a lovely smooth soup, seasoned lightly with the taste of mustard and wine. Very nice on a spring day.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 Tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 potato, grated
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly on a diagonal
- Melt the vegan margarine in a large saucepan.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring , until the mushrooms soften add the flour and mix.
- Add the bouillon, white wine, and mustard
- Grate in the potato.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Puree to a smooth consistency
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with diagonally sliced green onions.
Inspired by Sherried Mushroom Mustard Soup Recipe