Orange and rhubarb crepes
We found this to be a very nice combination – oranges and rhubarb. It made a particularly tasty Sunday morning brunch, but would also be a lovely dessert.
Yield: 12 crepes
- 3 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 Tbs. soy margarine
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- chick pea flour crepes, see delicious t.v.
Prepare the crepe batter.
To prepare the filling:
- Zest and squeeze the orange.
- Put the juice and zest in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar, cornstarch, soy margarine and cinnamon and bring to a gentle boil.
- When the sauce becomes thicker, add the rhubarb and cook slightly until soften but not falling apart.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and allow to cool.
Make the crepes according to the instructions on delicious t.v.
Place a tablespoon of the filling on 1/2 of a crepe and fold over the other half.
Serve the crepes garnished with a slice of orange and a piece of rhubarb, or powdered sugar.