This is a very tasty spread for whole grain breads and rolls, or it can also be nice as a dip for fresh crunchy vegetables. It has a slight “peppy bite” flavor from the horseradish, but it’s not so strong as to be bitter. We’ve enjoyed it so much, I now double the recipe.
Yield: 1/2 cup
- 30 g. (3 Tbs.) sunflower seeds
- 45 ml. (3 Tbs.) lemon sunflower oil or other vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon generous horseradish
- 1 teaspoon agave or corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine everything in a food processor and process until smooth.
Your spread should have a white color.
This is a variation of the original sunflower spread developed by Mihl of Seitan is my motor.