Start your day in a ginger peachy way.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg replacements
- 1/2 cup soy margarine, melted
- 1 cup plain soy yogurt
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 cup fresh peaches, peeled and finely chopped (nectarine can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl, combine the egg replacement, soy yogurt and soy margarine.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the ginger, the peaches, and pecans to the second bowl.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
- Fill each of the greased muffin tins about 1/2 to 2/3 full of the mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining crystallized ginger on top.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F / 204 C.
- Place in the oven to bake for about 25 minutes or until done.