Roasted Paprika Mushroom Soup with Rosemary
This makes a nice warm filling soup on a chilly evening. The fresh rosemary adds a depth of flavor. It’s quick and easy to make and has a lovely thick texture from the mushrooms.
- 1 large jar (400 grams) roasted paprika (red bell pepper)
- 12 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy margarine
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- salt and pepper to taste
- splash lemon juice
- parsley, fresh, chopped as optional garnish
- dollop soy yogurt
- Saute onions in large pot with half the soy margarine until glassy.
- Add mushrooms and crushed garlic along with rosemary further saute until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the roasted paprika and the vegetable bouillon.
- Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Puree to a smooth thick soup.
- If you’d like it thinner, add more vegetable bouillon, or soy cream.
- Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of soy yogurt and chopped parsley.
If you have time, of course you can roast your own paprika’s.