All American Biscuits with Apple Butter
These traditional biscuits are so tasty, and quick and easy to make. They taste especially nice on a chilly fall morning with homemade apple butter.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold soy margarine
- 3/4 cup cold soy milk
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Blend the margarine into the dry ingredients until the mixture breaks down like sand particles. I do this by hand, it goes quickly and is not really that messy to do.
- Add the soy milk and stir until the mixture clings together.
- Turn out onto a floured bread board or countertop and knead for 1 to 2 minutes or until the dough is smooth.
- Add more flour as needed if the dough is sticky.
- Roll the dough out to about a 1/2-inch thickness.
- The biscuits do not rise much…so don’t roll the dough out to thinly.
- Using a juice glass, dipped in flour at the rim, cut the dough into rounds
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
adapted from http://www.chooseveg.com/(…)