This is such an easy meal to make, and it taste so lovely, especially on a chilly fall or winter evening.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 med. carrots, peeled and sliced into med. chunks
- 2 med. parsnips, peeled and sliced into med. chunks
- 4-5 small red skinned new potatoes, cut in half
- 2 med. beets, peeled and sliced into med. chunks
- 200 gram piece pumpkin, peeled and sliced into med. chunks
- 2 red onions, cut in large pieces
- 6-10 cloves garlic, whole and with skin on
- olive oil for drizzling
- sprigs of fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
for the sauce:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 450 (F.)
- Peel and slice all of the vegetables. The vegetables that need longer to cook, in order to become sot (carrots, beets potatoes etc.) should be slightly smaller than the softer vegetables (pumpkin).
- Place the vegetables in an oven-proof baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over them and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Lay a few sprigs of fresh rosemary here and there.
- Bake the vegetables for 30-45 minutes, until they are soft.
- Stir and turn the vegetables every 10 minutes so that each is coated with the oil and the mixture is evenly cooked.
- Meanwhile, mix the balsamic vinegar with the brown sugar and oil.
- Heat in a sauce pan to reduce to about half of the volume or until it is a thick syrup.
- Serve the vegetables hot, with the balsamic sauce drizzled over.