Raw Pumpkin Soup
We tried another raw recipe, this time a raw soup. We really enjoyed it, it was a blend of many of our favorite fruits and vegetables.
- 2 cups pumpkin or butternut squash, chopped
- 1 banana
- 1/2 leek, white part only
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 pinches cumin
- 1/2-3/4 cup apple juice
- 2-3 Tbs. almond flour
- Chop the pumpkin into small pieces, or grate.
- Slice the leek into small rings.
- Mince the garlic.
- Place in a blender with the apple juice and puree to a smooth consistency.
- Add the seasonings and taste.
- Add the almond flour to thicken.
- Depending on what you like, season with more slat, a dash of cayenne or more cumin.
- You can make the soup thinner with more apple juice.
I combined ingredients from both of the recipes at Gone Raw. As my husband is allergic to raw apples, I did not put the raw apples in as one of the recipes suggests, however did use fresh organic apple juice which seems to be o.k. for him. I would suggest that you don’t make this too far in advanced from serving, as because of the banana, the soup becomes darker and stronger with banana flavor.