Broccoli Salad with Spicy Tofu, Raisins and Water Chestnuts
This salad offers a tasty alternative to the traditional broccoli salad by using spicy tofu and crunchy water chestnuts.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 head broccoli, cut in florets
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup spicy tofu pieces, cut in small cubes
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, thinly sliced
- for the dressing
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. vinegar (balsamic, wine or raspberry)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 package Italian salad seasonings
- Cut the broccoli florets from the head and place in a steamer.
- Lightly steam the broccoli until al dente.
- Remove and place in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain the broccoli and place in a large bowl.
- Mince the onion and add to the broccoli.
- Add the raisins and the sliced water chestnuts.
- Make the dressing and pour over the salad.
- Allow the salad to marinate and season for at least 1/2 an hour before serving.
We enjoyed this salad with a light Italian vinaigrette, but any sort of vegan salad dressing would be tasty.