Almond Marzipan Balls
These are our new favorite holiday cookies. They are delicious and easy to make.
Yield: 36- 40 balls
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons ginger syrup
- colored decorates
- Make sure you are using blanched almonds so that the ground almond “meal” is white.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground almonds and the powdered sugar.
- Add 4 tablespoons of ginger syrup and mix with a fork.
- If the mixture is still dry add another tablespoon of syrup.
- Roll a small about of dough into a ball about the size of a large marble.
- Rollin colored decorates.
- Keep in an air-tight container.
You can use other ways of decorating the balls, even leaving them plain with just a gold or silver ball on top. However, the colored decorates help to keep them from drying out. Alternatively you can use other syrups rather than the ginger syrup or even flavored waters such as rose water, lavender water or orange blossom water.