Mushrooms are quite nutritional, offering B vitamins and selenium. The also work as an anti-stress agent. Lightly marinated in a fine olive oil and lemon juice, they make a very tasty snack or appetizer.
Serving Size: 2
- 1 pint mushrooms
- 2 Tbs. fine olive oil
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- chili peppers
- salt and pepper
- nutmeg (optional)
- 1 sprig, each coriander and parsley, chopped
- At least 30 minutes before serving, mix the olive oil, chili flakes and lemon juice. Whisk well to blend.
- Clean the mushrooms with a paper towel of a small mushroom brush.
- Place the mushrooms in a bowl and pour the olive oil mixture over them.
- Mix well so that the mushrooms have all been covered with the mixture.
- Allow to marinate for half and hour or longer.
- Shortly before serving, season to taste with salt pepper and optionally nutmeg.
- Chop the herbs and sprinkle over the mushrooms.