The asparagus season has started. Soon we will have the first white asparagus but these wraps with the green asparagus also make a really tasty, quick and easy lunch.
- 2-3 asparagus spears per wrap
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- baby plum or cherry tomatoes, halved
- lettuce or arugula
- whole wheat tortilla wraps
for the light mustard sauce:
- makes 1/2 cup sauce
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon powder
- 1-2 teaspoon mustard
- Bring a pot or deep pan of lightly salted water to boil.
- Clean and trim off the tough woody stems of the asparagus.
- Place the asparagus in the pan to cook until easily pierced with a fork. If the asparagus are pencil sized it will only be a few minutes and they will be done.
- While the asparagus are cooking, make the sauce by mixing those ingredients together.
- Slice the red onion in thin wrings.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Spread a bit of the sauce on each tortilla wrap.
- Lay some lettuce on the sauce.
- Then 2 or 3 asparagus spears followed with the onion and then the tomatoes.
- Close the wrap and optionally serve with a dollop of sauce on top.