White Pizza with Artichokes, Asparagus and Green Olives
This was a really tasty vegan pizza. I think its our new favorite.
for the pizza dough:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 pkg. yeast
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup warm water
for the white sauce:
- 1 & 1/2 cups plain soy yogurt
- 2 tsp. vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. dry mustard powder
- lemon juice
- garlic powder
- onion powder
for the toppings:
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 jar white asparagus, cut in large pieces
- 1-2 handfuls green olives
- soy cheese of choice to grate on top
- various Italian herbs sprinkled on top
- Make the pizza dough at least 2 hours ahead of time.
- Place the flour in a large bowl add the salt and whisk it around.
- Add the sugar to the warm water, then the yeast.
- Allow the yeast to begin to bubble (only takes a minute or so).
- Using a mixer, mix the yeast and olive oil with the flour. Mix until you have a smooth ball of dough.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and put in a warm place to rise. It will take 45 minutes to an hour depending on the temperature.
- While the dough is rising, make the white sauce by blending the ingredients together.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper or nutritional yeast.
- Cut the artichokes and prepare the asparagus.
- Depending on time – if you have more time, you can punch down the dough and allow it to rise a second time, this will make a smoother crust, but it is not necessary if there is not time.
- This will make 2 medium large pizza doughs. I roll out my dough with a roller as I am not so good at throwing and twirling it.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F / 190 C.
- Place your pizza on a pizza pan.
- Spread the white sauce on the dough.
- Add the asparagus and artichokes.
- Sprinkle the olives then grate the cheese on top and add a bit of Italian seasonings.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and the bottom of the crust is lightly browned.