Hawaiian Mother Earth Salad
This is an adaptation of our usual Mother Earth Salad. Changed with coconut and omitting the apples and raisins. It is a very filling but light salad and goes well in pita pockets to make sandwiches that are easy to eat.
- 150 grams spicy tofu
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 scallion, cut in fine slices
- 3 tbs. soyanaise
- 2 tbs. hot curry powder
- cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or corn syrup
- splash lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Drain the pineapple and place the pieces in a bowl.
- Add the spicy tofu pieces.
- Peel and grate the carrot and add to the tofu.
- Slice the scallion and add to the tofu mixture.
- Add the coconut.
- Make a dressing from the soyanaise, curry powder, maple syrup, lemon juice and season to taste with salt.
- Serve in a bowl, garnished with extra coconut and a few mint leaves.