Apricot Almond Tart with Blackcurrants and Lavender Syrup
We enjoyed this colorful tasty treat with fresh fruit and organic lavender from our garden on a hot summer’s afternoon. It only required a short time in the oven, and was really worth firing up the oven for.
Serving Size: 4
for the apricot almond tarts:
- 4 sheets frozen vegan puff pastry, thawed
- 12-16 fresh apricots, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blackcurrants or blueberries
- 1/2 cup lavender syrup*
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
for the lavender syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lavender or 1 tablespoon dried
to make the lavender syrup:
- Bring the sugar and water to boil in a small saucepan.
- Cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place the lavender in a jar.
- Pour the sugar water over the lavender.
to make the apricot tarts:
- Spray the tart forms with oil.
- Preheat the oven to 428 F / 220 C, or according to the instructions on the package.
- Thaw the puff pastry and on a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry out large enough to fit the forms.
- Pace one pastry in each form. Lightly prick the bottom of the pastry with a fork.
- Brush the bottom of the pastry with 1 teaspoon of lavender syrup.
- Evenly spread 1 tablespoon of almond flour on the bottom of the pastry.
- Cut the apricots and lay them decoratively around the pastry.
- Sprinkle a few blackcurrants or blueberries around and once again brush some of the lavender syrup over the top of the apricots and berries.
- Place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve the tarts with some lavender syrup on the side.
Make sure that you use organic lavender.