Roasted Red Pepper Humus In Zucchini Rounds
This tasty humus is also useful as an appetizer for parties. We filled zucchini however you can also use cucumber.
- 1 can cooked chickpeas (about 2 cups)
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted skins removed and de-seeded
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- splash Balsamic vinegar
- 1 or 2 zucchini, depending on size
- Handful small basil leaves as garish
- Roast the bell peppers.
- When they have cooled, remove the skins, slice and remove the seeds.
- Drain the chickpeas and place in a food processor.
- Add the minced garlic oil and lemon juice and pure.
- If it is too thick add a bit of water or lemon juice.
- Add the tahini and roasted bell peppers and blend again.
- Add the cumin, cayenne and Balsamic vinegar.
- Season to taste with additional salt possibly Tabasco.
- Wash the zucchini.
- Cut off the stem and the end.
- Using a vegetable peeler peel strips off along the length of the zucchini, leaving every other strip green.
- Slice the zucchini in rounds and using a melon baller, or an apple corer remove the inner circle of the zucchini.
- Fill each zucchini with the humus mixture.
- Garnish by dusting with sweet paprika powder and a small basil leaf.
- Place on a serving tray or individual appetizer plates.