Amazing Apple Dip for Veggies
raw dip is amazing. It is a bit unusual, but very tasty and refreshingly fresh.
Yield: 2 cups of dip
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup pickled little pearl onions
- 1/2 cup sweet sour pickles
- 1 tablespoon sweet syrup (agave, maple, elderberry flower)
- dash Tabasco
- small handful fresh parsley
- splash of olive oil
- splash lemon juice
- pinch salt
- vegetables of choice as dippers: sugar snap pea pods, fennel slices, celery, carrots, bell peppers etc.
- Place the pearl onions and pickles in a food processor and puree to a smooth mixture.
- Peel the apples and chop in a size to add to the food processor, again puree.
- Add the parsley, Tabasco, lemon juice salt and sweetener and process once more.
- Season to taste.
- Prepare the vegetables in bite size/dip size pieces.
- Arrange on a platter as finger food, or individually in shot glasses as an appetizer or amuse bouche.