Tomato Artichoke Soup
This is a very quick and easy soup to make. We enjoyed it on a cold winter’s day.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 can (28 ounce) tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounce) water packed artichoke hearts
- 1 onion, chopped.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- splash lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- freshly milled lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3 tablespoons plain soy yogurt
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, water and bay leaves.
- Add the artichokes and the water they are in (reserve 3 artichokes to use as garnish.
- Add the splash of lemon juice, basil and oregano.
- When the soup has come to a boil, remove from the heat.
- Remove the bay leaves and puree the soup. (I use and immersion blender).
- Add the soy yogurt and mix well into the soup.
- Taste the soup and season with additional salt and some lemon pepper.
- Carefully slice he remaining artichokes in quarters.
- Serve the soup, dusted with some freshly ground lemon pepper and a few artichoke pieces.