This makes a nice lunch or can be used as finger food at a party. The garlic and truffle oil are nice complements to the sweet parsnips.
Servings: ca. 12
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 large parsnips
- splash of truffle oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- soy cheese to grate as garish
- handful of rucola as garnish
- 1 baguette or 1/2 whole grain bread
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the parsnips.
- Steam them until soft.
- When the parsnips are soft, place in a bowl or food processor.
- Add the vegan margarine and puree to a smooth consistency.
- Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, slice and toast or grill the bread to a light crispy toast.
- When the toast is ready, remove the skin for the clove of garlic slice of the end and rub the garlic over each slice of toast.
- Heap a tablespoon or two of the pureed parsnips on the toast.
- Drizzle a bit more truffle or olive oil over the top.
- Grate some soy cheese and garnish with a couple of rucola leaves.