Piña Colada Smoothie
This makes a tasty treat no matter what the weather is outside.
- 1 small pineapple or 1/2 a medium pineapple
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- pinch nutmeg as optional garnish
- Cut off the top of the pineapple with the leaves and slice the pineapple in half, then cut away the outer rind and if the core is hard, then cut it away also. Sometimes when the pineapple is very ripe, the inner core can be sued as well.
- Cut the pineapple into bite sized pieces so it is easier for the blender to puree.
- Then repeat this for the other half of the pineapple if it is a small one.
- Place the pineapple in a blender.
- Add the pineapple juice and coconut milk and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Taste the smoothie. We prefer smoothies that are not overly sweet, so it was fine this way. If you wish a sweeter smoothie you could add a bit of agave syrup.
- We sprinkled the top of the smoothies with just a touch of nutmeg.
It is still very cold outside (just around freezing in the days), so we did not add ice for a nice frosty cold smoothie. In the summertime, we will for sure. But this nice thick smoothie gave us a lovely reminder that summer will be coming.