Well, early in Spring temperatures are still getting low sometimes. We’re longing for warmth and sun, so we enjoyed this tasty tropical gazpacho today.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 cups vegetable juice
- 1/2 large papaya (about 2 cups)
- 4-5 large circles (slices) pineapple (about 2 cups of small pieces)
- 1 sweet bell pepper (we used a red one)
- 1 small zucchini (about 1 cup of small pieces)
- 1 Persian lime
- small pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- splash or 2 Tabasco
- cilantro or coriander as garnish
- Pour the vegetable juice into a large bowl.
- Cut the papaya in half, remove the seeds, peel, cut into small pieces and add to the vegetable juice.
- Slice 4 or 5 large circles from a fresh pineapple.
- Cut the outside rind off. If the pineapple is very ripe, the inner core is also soft and can be used, therefor just cut into small cubes. If the core is hard, then remove the core and cut the ring into small cubes.
- Add the pineapple pieces to the vegetable juice.
- Seed and chop the bell pepper into very small pieces.
- Add the bell pepper pieces to the vegetable juice.
- Clean and slice the ends off the small zucchini, then cut into small cubes (should make about 1 cup).
- Add the zucchini pieces.
- Cut a large lime in half and squeeze both haves into the juice.
- Season the juice, which is by now the gazpacho, with a small pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon of Cajun spices and a splash or 2 of Tabasco.
- Serve the gazpacho garnished with some coriander or cilantro and a small piece of fresh pineapple.