You know that yummy carrot-raisin salad? Well, here it is as a tasty sandwich.
Yield: 4 sandwiches
- 2-3 cups grated carrots
- 8 slices vegan raisin bread
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt or soy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash cayenne or Tabasco (optional)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or other sweet juice
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl.
- Season to taste with any additional flavorings you prefer. We found this mixture to be delicious as stated and a nice mixture for carrots.
- Peel and grate the carrots. The amount depends upon how thick you wish to fill your sandwich.
- Pour the sauce over the carrots and mix to moisten the carrots evenly.
- Spread 4 slices of vegan raisin bread generously with the carrot mixture.
- Evenly spread the mixture over the entire slice.
- Place another slice of raisin bread on top and slice on the diagonal.