Asparagus and Pears Wrapped In Vegan Cold Cuts
This makes a tasty lunch or a nice warm salad.
- 5 medium asparagus spears per person
- 1 slice of vegan cold cuts per asparagus
- 1/2 pear per person, peeled and sliced in thin slices
- balsamic vinegar
- toothpicks are helpful
- Clean and cut the woody end of the asparagus spears off.
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to boil and cook the asparagus until tender.
- When the asparagus spears are cooked, remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Peel the pears, slice in half and discard the core with the seeds.
- Thinly slice the pear pieces, as if it is too large, you will not be able to wrap the vegan cold cut around the asparagus and pear together.
- When the asparagus spears have cooled enough to be able to handle, arrange 1 spear and a slice of pear on the vegan cold cut and roll closed.
- Toothpicks are handy to help hold the vegan cold cut in place.
- Arrange on a plate and drizzle the balsamic vinegar on top.