Vegan Berry Muffins
Berry season is at it’s height now and we still had some blackcurrants from our garden to use. We often enjoy berry muffins for Sunday morning breakfast. You can use any berry for this recipe, they are all wonderful.
Yield: 12 muffins
- 8 ounces AP flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 ounces sugar
- pinch salt
- pinch cinnamon
- 6 ounces soy milk or soy cream
- 1 egg replacement
- 2 & 1/2 ounces vegetable oil
- 5 ounces berries like blackcurrants, blueberries or blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 425 F / 218 C.
- Prepare 12 muffin tins with muffin papers and spay those with oil.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium large bowl.
- Add the sugar
- In a smaller bowl, mix the oil, soy milk and egg replacement.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture and dust the blackcurrants.
- Dusting the berries will help to keep the berries suspended in the batter. Otherwise, they all often drop to the bottom of the muffin.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry and mix well.
- Gently fold the dusted berries into the batter and spoon into the prepared muffin papers.
- Fill each muffin paper about 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake the muffins for 18-25 minutes until they are golden.
- Remove from the oven, allow to slightly cool, enjoy.
This recipe can also be cut in half to make 6 muffins.