Elderberries are very healthy but also tasty, and the season is just beginning. We’ve been busy last week harvesting elderberries from our garden and making an elderberry syrup that can be used in many ways. Here’s a simple but tasty and refreshing use for the syrup.
Basically the amounts depend on your taste. You could begin with for each glass:
- 1 ounce elderberry syrup
- 2-4 ounces sparkling mineral water
- ice cubes
- lime as garnish (optional)
- Place the syrup in the bottom of each glass.
- Add ice cues, and then the mineral water
- Garnish with a slice of lime (optional)
- If you wish for more elderberry flavor, add more of the syrup and mix with a muddler.
We used this David Lebovitz’s Elderberry Syrup Recipe.