A quick and easy vegan finger food that tastes delicious while still being light.
Yield: 12 bites
- 12 small pastry (pie) bites formed as shells
- 1/4 cup fig jam
- 3-4 artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1 ounce soy cheddar sliced in small pieces
- greens as garnish, we used lemon verbena
- We used pre-made vegan pastry shells. However they can also be made from vegan pie dough and baked ahead of time.
- Slice the artichoke hearts in thirds or quarters.
- Slice the vegan cheese in small pieces.
- Place a small portion (1/2 teaspoon) of fig jam in the bottom of each shell.
- Put a piece of the artichokes on each shell.
- Top with a small piece of soy cheese on each shell and garish with a small leaf.
- Serve on a tray or individual plates.