This is a great way to enjoy these subtly flavored mushrooms. It’s a quick and easy soup to make.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 &3/4 lb. potatoes, peeled and chopped in bite sized pieces
- 1 lb. fresh chanterelle mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 leek
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups water
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly milled pepper to taste
- Slice the white part of the leek lengthwise in half, then cut bite-sized pieces from the 2 halves.
- Warm the oil in a large pot.
- Add the leeks and begin to cook to soften.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add the potatoes to the leeks.
- Add the water and bouillon cubes
- Cook until the potatoes are soft.
- Meanwhile, clean the mushrooms well.
- Add the mushrooms, dill and parsley to the soup
- Season to taste with salt and freshly milled pepper.
- Serve with full grain bread or rolls.