Sweet & Spicy Cauliflower with Tofu Pieces
Cauliflower with a sweet & spicy sauce and fried tofu pieces is a very nice way to enjoy cauliflower.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 & 1/2 cups rice
- 3 cups water
- pinch salt
- 1 block tofu (about 13-16 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons oil to fry the tofu
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 leek
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 & 1/2 cups sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- Bring the lightly salted water to a boil, and cook the rice until soft (about 20 minutes)
- Break or cut the cauliflower into bite sized florets.
- Place in a steamer and steam until al dente about 5 minutes, depending on the size of the florets.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the tofu until brown on each side.
- Slice the chili pepper and remove the stem and seeds and inner ribs.
- Slice the chili pepper into matchstick sized pieces.
- Slice the leek and separate into rounds.
- When the tofu is cooked, remove from the frying pan, and drain on a paper towel.
- Place the leek rings in the oil and lightly cook.
- Mix the sweet chili sauce with the sou sauce or tamari.
- When the leeks have become soft, add the chili pepper pieces, the cauliflower and the sweet chili sauce.
- Add the tofu pieces and mix all evenly to warm.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve the sweet spicy cauliflower with the rice.
- We garnished the meal with a few chopped chives.