This can be served as warm salad or lovely side dish. It would make a nice side dish for any holiday.
Serving Size: 4
- 1/2 lb. fresh green beans
- 1/2 lb. ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Clean and trim the beans and slice thinly.
- Par boil or steam them until al dente. (about 12 minutes)
- Peel and cut the pears.
- Drain and toss them with the vegan margarine and balsamic vinegar.
- Add the pears to the beans and gently toss or mix.
- Serve with an additional splash of balsamic vinegar
I have a nice little tool called a bean Frencher. It is one of my favorite tools. It makes preparing beans so easy.